Visual Connections (VC) is announcing today the formation of a Healthcare Advisory Board that will provide strategic guidance and technical expertise in support of Health IT solutions. This board will support select national health care delivery challenges, with an aim towards:
- promoting improved access to care,
- enhancing quality of care outcomes, and
- achieving greater affordability and innovation in the delivery of health care across the public and private sectors.
Health information technology (Health IT or HIT) is the area of IT involving the design, development, use and maintenance of information systems for the healthcare industry. Automated and interoperable healthcare information systems are expected to lower costs, improve efficiency and reduce error, while also providing better consumer care and service.
The ultimate goal of the national Health IT mandate is to strengthen the health care delivery system by achieving greater information transparency. The challenges in so doing remain dynamic. To successfully address these challenges, VC will utilize this Board to advise us on current industry and government policies and practices, and how to best expand VC’s presence as a competitive industry leader in the Health IT arena.
VC has built its reputation as a Health IT consulting firm. We have both federal and state government, as well as private sector business clients. In addition to our substantial past performance on ten (10) Centers for Medicare and Medicare Services (CMS) contracts, we bring extensive IT experience across numerous programs and federal agencies including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Department of Defense, and the Department of Veterans Affairs, to name a few. VC has been supporting the Department of Health and Human Services and CMS since 2007 on numerous contracts where we have led development efforts that have involved system modernization—primarily for case processing. VC has introduced innovations for case management and business processes that have helped drive improved communications and increased efficiency in terms of HHS’s and CMS’s overall responsiveness to its constituents.
By understanding both the demands of the Affordable Care Act and the current challenges of health care organizations across the country, our Board members are the perfect complement to address national and mission-critical CMS and other client needs from a Health IT perspective.
This elite team of former CMS senior leaders has played a key role in various aspects of CMS programs (Medicaid and Medicare, the Children’s Health Insurance Program, and the Health Insurance Marketplace), and has supported CMS’ mission of improving quality health outcomes, access and affordability for over 140 million Americans.
The specific focus of the Healthcare Advisory Board is to:
- Offer strategic, technical and tactical direction that best addresses the needs of CMS and other government and private sector clients, and improves both the internal and external functionality of program operations,
- Provide insight and innovation to benefit CMS users and the health care industry
- Focus on providing cost-efficient health care solutions to program challenges and to advancements in health care delivery options, and
- Provide industry trends and best practices in the health care community in order to meet client needs related to scalable approaches with measurable outcomes.