Altarum is seeking a Director for our Center for Military and Veterans’ Health at our Washington DC Office.
The Director will serve a set of functions essential to Altarum’s long term organizational success and its impact on advancing the health military populations.
The Director’s focus will be split between group operations and proactively developing and nurturing relationships with key DoD/VA customers, stakeholders and influencers, and with other industry professionals to strengthen our expanding work in providing applied research and analytics and advisory services…
- Provide general military health systems subject matter expertise to project teams.
- Provide operational oversight for CMVH including financial planning and successful execution of the Center’s project portfolio.
- Aggressively pursue work that is aligned with and advances Altarum mission and impact on military populations.
- Support marketing of Altarum to other potential clients and participate in vendor exhibitions and presentations at professional conferences.
- Identify and recommend innovative applications of Altarum’s offerings to DoD and VA.
- Actively pursue and build robust relationships with existing clients, potential funders, and partner organizations (including other Altarum business units)…
- MUST BE A Sole U.S. Citizen to work with Military Health Data.
- Dedicated to improving the lives of our nation’s active duty, military families and veterans.
- Be located within or willing to relocate to the Washington, DC area.
- Masters, MD or PhD in health policy, public health, health services research or related field.
- 15 years of professional experience in healthcare with at least 10 years working in or with DoD/VA.
- Must have extensive relationships with DoD/VA leaders and stakeholders.
- Track record of leveraging functional knowledge to provide strategic direction to clients and direct project activities.