The incumbent provides analysis and advice to the Secretary and VA Key Officials to promote efficiency and total quality of processes for healthcare, benefits and corporate requirements. Additionally, the incumbent works external to the Department to establish relationships across the Federal government and with leading industry representatives.
As Executive Director, VA Innovation Center (VIC), the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Develop and validate an integrated approach to innovation across the enterprise. Communicate the new approach to innovation to the entire VACO leadership team.
- Establish the infrastructure to implement Mission Act Section 152. 1703E – Center for Care and Payment Innovation.
- Engage public and industry partners with substantial agreements to collaborate on innovation projects with the VIC.
- Co-develop and roll-out viable product solutions from the VIC portfolio
- Secure external resources to support VA innovation initiatives.
- Launch new service lines to support the implementation of Mission Act authorized innovation.
G2X TAKE: Those firms supporting VA may want to influence who applies for this Senior Executive role that is charged with overseeing cross-Departmental innovation programs and advising the Secretary and VA Key Officials to promote efficiency and total quality of processes for Healthcare, benefits and corporate requirements.