VA has issued a sources sought for Continued Support of Modern Claims Processing (MCP) expanding on current VA Rating Schedule of Disabilities (VASRD) Automation and Support Services for the Automated Veteran Data (AVD) initiative.
This contract seeks specifically to:
- Provide automation tools to Disability Compensation Adjudicators in order to simplify the claims process for Separating Servicemembers.
- Provide improved reporting based on medical database queries associated with Hospitalization, Aid & Attendance (A&A), Convalescence, and others.
- Expand upon previously started data-mapping work in support VASRD modernization and Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQs).
- Support the VBA with improving the processing of claims for benefits by automating processes through data gathering, processing, and analysis…
The contractor will provide services under the following work areas and tasks:
- Provide automation tools to Disability Compensation Adjudicators in order to simplify the claims process for Separating Servicemembers. Specifically, a Proof of Concept Adjudicator Portal.
- A Working Prototype of the Adjudicator Portal integrated into the VBA-approved application platform user interface (via additional tab) and integrated with the VBA, VHA, and DoD systems needed to collect relevant data from and provide relevant data to those systems in order to speed up and improve the consistency of the adjudication process for Separating Servicemembers.
- All development and implementation work to comply with current VA/VBA/OI&T security and architecture policies and procedures in order to allow deployment within the VA Enterprise Cloud (VAEC) FedRAMP environment, as currently structured…