This position is located in the Department of Health & Human Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight, Marketplace IT Group.
As a Supervisory Information Technology Specialist, GS-2210-15, you will direct staff responsible for the development, implementation, operations and maintenance of the enterprise-wide security program, enterprise IT standards/governance, and enterprise IT policies, procedures and processes.
- Serve as full Deputy and “alter ego” to the Director and as such, shares fully in the management of all phases of the work of the organization.
- Ensure that the capital planning and investment control activities, including cost estimation techniques, required to manage and execute the IT developed and maintained supporting PPACA.
- Oversee the management of activities necessary to monitor day-to-day operations of all Center of Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO) systems that support daily business operations.
- Coordinate the strategic IT vision, development, and implementation of a Federal run Exchange. Including the coordination required with multiple CMS components, multiple Federal agencies, State agencies, OMB and White House senior officials.
- Serve as an advisor to the CIO/Office Director, Deputy CIO/Deputy Office Director and executives of various CMS components to recommend strategies for development of information technology efforts.
G2X TAKE: Those who support CMS may want to influence who applies for this role that will serve as “full Deputy and “alter ego” to the Director and as such, share fully in the management of all phases of the work of the organization”, to include overseeing the development, implementation, and O&M of the enterprise-wide security program, IT standards/governance, and IT policies, procedures and processes.