As a Chief Health Informatics Officer, GS-0601-15, you will develop requirements and content for health-related information technology with an initial focus on improving innovation and interoperability.
- Develop health IT and information management strategy for CMS and HHS as it impacts the mission of CMS.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine how CMS will apply health informatics methods and standards to IT and business solutions.
- Provide subject matter expertise for health IT information management and technology innovation policy.
- Supervise, direct, and coordinate the work of subordinate staff.
- Act as a liaison between CMS and private industry stakeholders to lead innovation and help inform CMS health IT and information management policy and operations.
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services may want to influence who applies for this role, located within the Office of the Administrator, that will develop a health IT and information management strategy for CMS and HHS as it impacts the mission of CMS.