This position serves as the Director of Data Operations Division, located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Office of Inspector General, Office of Management and Policy.
- Leads efforts to define and establish data governance by developing and administering data standards, policies, and procedures and partner with OIG stakeholders.
- Leads efforts to evaluate and provide recommendations on new data architectures, management, and flows.
- Leads efforts to analyze and plan for anticipated changes in data capacity requirements.
- Responsible for the identification, evaluation, and recommendation of technological advances having a major impact on the current and planned application of IT expended towards meeting the IT goals of OIG.
- Provides guidance, support and coordination to ensure compatibility IT networks/systems, enterprise architecture, and technical information systems with data operations needs.
To qualify at the GS-15 grade level:
Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in Federal service which provided the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position that demonstrates experience including the following:
- Experience identifying and implementing information sharing opportunities, including improving access to internal and external data;
- Experience in the management and analysis of how to collect, use, manage, share and report data and metadata within and across organizations; experience providing data architecture guidance
- Ability to ensure stringent application of information security/information assurance policies, principles and practices to all components of the data architecture;
- Performing supervisory duties such as managing and developing direct reports, setting priorities, assigning and reviewing work, and building a team.