“The Executive Director for Information Security Operations is the principal advisor to the Deputy Assistant Secretary (DAS), Chief Information Security Officer(CISO). The Executive Director also serve as Deputy CISO and, in that capacity, he/she work together in assisting the VA CISO in leading the Department’s enterprise-wide cybersecurity program.”
“The Executive Director, Information Security Operations, reports to and operated under general authority of the Deputy Assistant Secretary, Chief Information Security Officer. The responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Providing subject matter expertise to executive leadership on a broad range of security standards and best practices (e.g. FISMA, Dodd-Frank, HIPAA, Privacy Act).
- Working with VA Business Units and OIT Elements stakeholders to determine acceptable levels of risk and ensuring cybersecurity efforts follows applicable laws, regulations, policies, and audit findings are properly addressed.
- Developing and monitoring measures and metrics to evaluate the effectiveness and value of programs as it relates to resource allocation, mission objectives, and organizational priorities.
- Instruct, lead, and mentor assigned security teams consisting of direct reports and indirect reports (such as individuals in other areas of IT) including providing security guidance, hiring, training, staff development, and performance management.
- The incumbent will also serve as the VA Chief Privacy Officer and oversee the VA Privacy Program and Privacy Incident Response Program.
- Develop policy, plans, and strategy in compliance with laws, regulations, policies, and standards in support of organizational cyber activities.
- Developing partnerships with interagency, intergovernmental, and private-sector executives as it relates to VA, OIT, and OIS cybersecurity mission objectives.”
- “This position supervises 5 direct reports and manages over 180 employees.
- Executive Director also serve as Deputy CISO and, in that capacity, he/she work together in assisting the VA CISO in leading the Department’s enterprise-wide cybersecurity program.
- On occasion, the incumbent will serve as the acting CISO and must be able to provide subject matter expertise to executive management on a broad range of security standards, best practices, and VA risk approach to cybersecurity.
- Business Continuity represents the entire Office of Information Technology for VA level preparedness.
- The incumbent will lead the Department’s cybersecurity operation programs, including ongoing testing and evaluation; remediation management; incident response, and continuity of operations.
- The incumbent will also serve as Chief Privacy Officer (CPO) with responsibility for implementing the VA’s Department-wide privacy program with proper designation by the VA Senior Agency Official for Privacy (SAOP) and full responsibility for the implementation of the VA’s Department-wide privacy program.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support Veterans Affairs may want to influence who applies for this Senior Executive role that supervises 5 direct reports and manages over 180 employees and will work in assisting the VA CISO in leading the Department’s enterprise-wide cybersecurity program.