“AWS is looking for a Technical Business Development leader who understands technical and funding trends impacting the industry, the major computation and HPC trends at is relates to Life Sciences, the grant and funding programs within the Federal market, and capable of driving development across research communities for AWS.”
“Your responsibilities will include engaging and influencing major policies, funding, and Federal researchers as they consider cloud platforms for genomics and Life Science research programs. Developing opportunities to scale the community’s adoption of cloud, you will help implement and architect programs and processes that optimize the use of AWS services in Life Sciences research and make cloud easy to use. You will also work with federal agencies such as the National Institutes of Health as well as help develop cloud and data analytic solutions for the biomedical and genomics industries, including high performance computing, storage optimization, data analytics and partner-based solutions.”
“The ideal candidate will have a scientific, technical and business background, with experience working with the key leaders in funding agencies and non-profit organizations. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus…”
- Serve as a key member of the US Federal and Technical Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy for the Life Science and Genomic research.
- Lead the AWS team supporting large-scale scientific collaborations, serving as both the AWS technical expert and business lead for projects.
- Represent AWS in leading industry and academic forums and support direct engagement with Federal agencies and programs as well as with the Life Sciences community.
- Facilitate the translation of research requirements to AWS services and help define education paths for research core teams…”
- Advanced degree such as MS or PhD in Computer Science, Life Sciences, Genomics, Biomedical, and/or Bioinformatics background required.
- 5+ years of experience working on research or program/project management in the biomedical domain.
- 2+ year experience presenting to technical and non-technical audiences…”
- 10 years of experience preferable working with or as part of a core team supporting university research or experience in working with/at the NIH.
- Business level or higher communication skills.
- Active Participation in NIH Data Commons projects…”
G2X TAKE: AWS is seeking a leader to work with Federal agencies such as the National Institutes of Health, as well as to help develop cloud and data analytic solutions for the biomedical and genomics industries, including high performance computing, storage optimization, data analytics and partner-based solutions.