“The Deputy Chief Information Officer (DCIO), Account Manager for Benefits is a full time position that reports to the DCIO for Account Management, Office of Information and Technology and serves as the lead IT executive for the creation and management of the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) and other VA components as determined by the supervisor. This position provides strategic leadership in managing IT project prioritization.”
“The Deputy Chief Info Officer, Account Manager for Benefits is the accountable executive and proponent for application and infrastructure technology programs supporting his/her assigned components. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assess high-level priorities of the components of this portfolio (currently Veterans Benefits Administration, National Cemetery Administration and Board of Veterans Appeals) as they relate to CIO and Departmental priorities and goals, shaping those priority and expectations-into realistic plans for execution and CIO commitment. Major elements of the role include developing multi-year IT support budget plans for the components of the portfolio, proposing and monitoring joint business plans between the CIO and the business partners supported by this portfolio, communicating both operational and strategic impacts to the portfolio with business partners, and maintaining contact with key members of the leadership of the business partner organizations.
- Providing leadership and direction for the management of subordinate Customer Engagement Manager assigned to this portfolio, including a Senior Level employee.
- Assessing the overall effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of the Account Manager for Benefits organizational component of the account Management Office, leading and directing the work of assigned staff to develop and institutionalize processes using standardized approaches and tools, and develops and reports metrics related to high level milestones.
- Providing in-depth knowledge of the business partner and possesses useful for the development, design, and implementation of technology solutions to enhance quality performance to assigned business partners, providing product and resource management and service delivery insights to shape achievable solutions to evolving business demands.
- Managing the prioritization process for the IT benefits portfolio, identifies potential areas where existing policies, procedures and tools change and where new ones need to be developed.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support Veterans Affairs may want to influence who applies for this SES role that serves as the lead IT executive supporting the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA), while providing strategic leadership in managing IT project prioritization.