“The Leidos Health Group has an immediate opportunity for a VP of our Veteran’s Affairs (VA) Solutions business. This position will be based in Reston, VA. The Vice President, of VA Solutions is responsible for a geographically dispersed organization with multiple programs serving the United State Department of Veteran’s Affairs. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing, diversifying and growing the business to ensure the Veteran Affairs team is the leader in designing, architecting, developing, operating, and sustaining mission-focused health enterprise systems across the Department of Veteran’s Affairs…”
- Directs the overall management of operations within a “Line” of businesses in a particular Group Operation. One (1) org layer below an Operations Manager. The VA Solutions business currently has 342 employees, led by two Division Managers who will report directly to this role.
- Responsible for a profit and loss center and for directing a team of managers/leads to ensure the attainment of operational, financial and strategic business goals. Responsible for selecting, organizing and managing Division leadership.
- Responsible for establishing objectives, plans and budgets, typically relying on senior management for setting strategic direction, guidance and company-wide policies that are implemented within the Division…”
- Program Management: One or more programs and contracts within the Operation Division.
- Primary Customers: Department of Veterans Affairs…”
- Ensures that return on capital is maximized and short- and long-term objectives are met for Division.
- Ultimate accountability for $250 million in profit and loss (P&L) within their Division.
- Decisions drive the short-term success, failure, profitability and growth of the Division. Some decision may have long-term impact on the Line organization.
- Responsible for growing the business, inclusive of both new business and on-contract growth.
- Development and delivery of annual operating plan and other business commitments e.g. revenue, operating income, free cash flow, backlog, book-to-bill, indirect rate performance, labor base, sales, budget oversight)
- Provide strategic direction and strategy to action plan for the VA portfolio.
- Work collaboratively with Business Development organization and other sales support personnel to achieve business growth targets within VA account base.
- Actively engage in strategic initiatives within the Military and Veterans Health Solutions Operation and Leidos Health Group to support the success of the entire organization.
- Provide backup support to Sr. Vice President of the Military and Veterans Health Solutions Operation as needed….”
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 15+ years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience running a significant portfolio of programs within the federal market.
- Knowledge and experience in managing multiple contract types (CPFF, FFP, FPLOE, T&M, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage and grow all aspects of a business area successfully including customers, people, programs, financials, and new business over multiple years.
- Knowledge of innovative industry business models and corresponding “go to market” solutions to aid in further growing the Leidos business in the VA account.
- Knowledge and awareness of industry best practices in program and project management, CMMI, ITIL, and other areas relevant to high maturity planning and execution.
- Strong knowledge of contract vehicles most frequently utilized for business, such as CIO-SP3, GSA IT70, MOBIS, and GSA BPAs…”
G2X TAKE: As noted yesterday by G2Xchange Health, Leidos has been very busy adding senior growth and operations leadership of late and this longtime VA partner, who has moved into position over the past few years as one of the largest and most successful Federal Health IT and Consulting Firms in the market today, is now looking to add another leader, with this role being responsible for a geographically dispersed organization with multiple programs serving Veterans Affairs.