- The ADM, OD reports to the Associate Deputy Director, NIH and advises on such matters as the development and formulation of new programs for the OD and serves as the Executive Officer for the Office of the Director, NIH
- He/she is responsible for the services and resources related to administrative management, financial management, personnel management, management analysis, information systems management, procurement, and contracting for the OD
- Serves as the principal advisor to the Principal Deputy Director, NIH and the Associate Deputy Director, NIH,OD, advising on management and administrative activities relevant to 1600 FTEs and a budget of nearly $2 billion
- Responsible for OD-wide administrative planning by providing support and liaison to OD Office Directors in the coordination, integration and articulation of long range program goals and strategies
- Oversees the coordination of and directs the development, implementation, maintenance, and security of OD IT systems through the Office of Information Technology (OIT)
- Oversees the OD cyber security program and directs the OD Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
- Exercises leadership ensuring all programs they direct reflect the principles of workforce diversity in management and operations; in such areas as recruitment and staffing, employee development, staff assignments, and communications
G2X TAKE: Those who support the National Institutes of Health may want to influence who applies for this SES role that serves as principal advisor to the Principal Deputy Director, NIH Office of the Director, advising on management and administrative activities relevant to 1600 FTEs and a budget of nearly $2 billion, to include oversight of OD IT Systems and Cybersecurity needs.