The incumbent of this position Supervisory IT Program Manager is located in the Chief Technology Office for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Electronic Health Record Modernization (OEHRM), within the Office of the Deputy Secretary of VA (DEPSECVA). The VA OEHRM is responsible for ensuring that VA successfully prepares for, deploys, and transitions to, a new Electronic Health Record (EHR) system.
- Manages and facilitates stakeholder meetings to develop plans. Elicits customer support in the development of acquisitions, scope, and finalizing project schedule while reducing product risk.
- Oversees the employment of tools and methods to track progress throughout the life cycle of
- the project.
- Assigns and schedules work and projects to team members based on existing workloads,
- priorities, and selective consideration of work requirements and employee capabilities.
- Responsible for overseeing projects and programs, identifying and shaping the goals of the organization, making decisions on work problems and administrative proposals, and coordinating with others within and outside the activity on program accomplishment and collaborative efforts.
- Develops or ensures the development of employee performance objectives and conducts or reviews performance evaluations.
The Selective Placement Factor for this position is: demonstrated experience and in-depth knowledge in planning, developing, executing, and project management in information technology for implementing and integrating program goals serving as a senior expert to top management officials for advisement.
You may qualify based on your experience as described below:
Specialized Experience: You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade GS-14 in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. Experience must be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate. Examples of specialized experience would typically include, but are not limited to:
- Experience in a wide range of IT process principles, standards, precedents, techniques, requirements, methods, applications, sources, and procedures to interpret, evaluate, and analyze various systems, programs, policies.
- Ability to lead and manage Information Technology systems, acquisition processes, integrating and customizing commercial off the shelf (COTS) systems, software application enhancements, and configurations to complete the full scale of project activities.