Director of Operations and Strategic Initiatives
“The Leidos Health Group’s Health & Human Services line of business has an opening for a Director of Operations and Strategic Initiatives located in the Washington DC metro area. This position will report to the Vice President, Health & Human Services.”
“The Director of Operations & Strategic Initiatives will provide multi-faceted operational, business growth and strategic development support to the entire health and human services portfolio including the Food & Drug Administration (FDA), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and various life sciences activities. The candidate’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide review, oversight, direction, and leadership to various program teams throughout the organization to ensure successful execution of existing contracts.
- Provide direction and hands on leadership in the preparation phase of new start programs awaiting award or moving towards transition.
- Work collaboratively with the line, business development and solution architect organizations to create innovative solutions for customers on existing programs and in the pursuit of new business.
- Work collaboratively with the line and business development organizations to identify, prioritize, pursue and win new business…”
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and an MBA with 15+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in holding P&L responsibility of at least $50M
- Prior experience in the Federal health market…”
Strategic Initiative Officer (SIO)
“Reporting to the Sr. Vice President of the Government Health & Safety Solutions Operation, the SIO will be responsible for providing strategic direction on key initiatives for the organization, which consists of portfolios across the Social Security Administration and all agencies within Health & Human Services. “
- Provide direction and leadership on the organizations strategy to action plans, and assist the business lines in hitting key milestones to accomplish goals and impact growth.
- Work collaboratively with Business Development organization and other sales support personnel to determine how to achieve top priority business growth opportunities
- Work collaboratively with the GH&SS Division Managers and Business Development to develop and execute Customer Call Plans and ensure Leidos maintains a positive brand recognition throughout the GH&SS portfolio…”
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 15+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with running ~$50M P&L
- Prior experience running a portfolio of programs within the federal market…”
- Master’s Degree preferred in business administration or within health related field.
- Experience directing a distributed team, managing multiple customers, programs, and projects as one collective business
- Knowledge of innovative industry business models and corresponding “go to market” solutions to aid in further growing the Leidos business in the Federal Health market…”
G2X TAKE: Leidos, who has been busy adding growth talent of late, is now looking to add a leader to provide multi-faceted operational, business growth and strategic development support to the entire HHS portfolio including FDA, NIH and CDC and a Strategic Initiative Officer to be responsible for providing strategic direction on key initiatives for the organization, which consists of portfolios across the Social Security Administration and all agencies within Health & Human Services.