“This position is located in the Program Management Office (PMO) pillar within the Program Control sub-pillar for the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) Office of Electronic Health Record Modernization (OEHRM), within the Office of the Deputy Secretary of VA (DEPSECVA), where the incumbent serves as Supv IT Specialist.”
- Facilitates activities that involves the Program Control Division Director and on occasion the Program Management Office Director as required, either directly or indirectly.
- Acts for the Program Control Division Director and on occasion the Program Management Office Director, to enable resolution of complex problems, mediate disputes, and handle issues escalated to the Executive Director.
- Serves as a key point of contact between senior leadership and multi-agency stakeholders.
- Serves as the principal advisor and technical consultant to senior management regarding ITdependent acquisition/task order management activities, as well as VA and other top agency officials, on IT-dependent and acquisition/task order management issues, services and platforms.
- Develops and adapts new concepts, policies, processes, best practices, and requirements as they relate to IT-dependent and acquisition/task order management functions and technologies.
- Oversees all workflow related to IT related and Acquisition/task order management activities within his/her team.
The Selective Placement Factor for this position is: experience 1) assuring strategic planning; 2) tactical planning; 3) project execution; 4) operations; 5) administrative; 6) fiscal; 7) acquisition; and 8) staffing.