The incumbent will oversee CDC-wide cybersecurity functions, privacy breach and incident response, risk management, threat protection, and compliance to ensure the protection of CDC data and the safety of CDC’s public health mission.
As a Supervisory IT Cybersecurity Specialist (Direct Hire), you will:
- Manage CDC privacy policies, procedures, and processes while ensuring compliance with Federal Information Security Management Agency (FISMA), OMB, HHS, CDC and other government mandates, and regulations.
- Establish and oversee CDC information security risk management and compliance activities.
- Provide and manage a centralized network and security operations command and control center.
- Provide oversight and implementation of Information Security Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) activities, including maintenance of the agency’s Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program.
- Manage CDC cybersecurity related insider threat detection, response, and cyberintelligence programs; manage and execute privacy breach response, including compliance and remediation efforts.
- Perform Personally Identifiable Information (PII) inventory and data classification mapping and work with the Chief Privacy Official and OCIO offices and customers to effectively implement privacy standards in support of program outcomes.