The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has a clear and critical need to modernize its legacy core Financial Management System (FMS). The FMS is 30 years old and continued reliance on it presents enormous risk to VA operations.
As a result, VA’s Office of Finance (OF), Office of Financial Business Operations (OFBO) has established the Financial Management Business Transformation (FMBT) program to support the FMS modernization initiative.
The Contractor shall support FMBT in requirements gathering, software design, development and testing of interface and conversion programs. The Contractor shall also support the execution and validation of the conversion software. The interface programs allow transactions to flow from external systems into iFAMS and vice versa. The conversion programs allow for the migration of data from source systems such as FMS and AAMS into iFAMS. The following activities are required:
- Software to interface VA Legacy Systems to iFAMS leveraging the iFAMS Enterprise Service Bus
- Conversion planning and approach
- Conversion requirements gathering and data mapping
- Conversion software to migrate data from legacy source systems to iFAMS
- Software to perform data cleansing of legacy system data prior to migration to Momentum
- General utility programs to migrate, process, format, validate or clean data
- Conversion dry run execution and validation…