“As the Director, Office of Strategy, Performance, and Results, you will provide strategic guidance and leadership for CMS‘ enterprise wide functions of strategic planning and monitoring, enterprise reporting, continuous improvement and modernization, and enterprise risk management.”
- Provide overall direction, executive leadership and guidance on the annual CMS strategic planning cycle.
- Lead an ongoing program for monitoring and progress in achieving the Agency goals and objectives, including facilitating a process for identifying and implementing adjustments and course corrections as needed.
- Plan and direct the development and maintenance of a CMS wide reporting system for key mission, customer service, program, and operational objectives including metrics and measures.
- Direct a program to support continuous improvement and modernization initiatives at CMS including the use of approaches like Lean, Agile, human-centered design, and other strategies for achieving lasting change in processes and organizations.
- Develop and direct an Enterprise Risk Management program that enhances CMS’ enterprise-wide decision making capabilities and risk mitigation capacity.
- Provide briefings to the Administrator and other senior leaders in CMS and HHS on CMS capabilities related to strategic planning, continuous improvement, and enterprise risk management.