“We are seeking a high energy, innovative, imaginative and experienced Senior Director of Business Development to join our business development department in Arlington, VA. The successful candidate will possess deep understanding of the federal civilian contracting business development life cycle, with a specific focus on the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).”
“The successful candidate will possess superior verbal and written communication skills, have demonstrated experience and skill in operating in and leading collaborative teams, and thrive in the intense federal business development environment. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Vice President for Business Development and will be responsible for identifying and capturing business opportunities and supporting the growth of the company. He/she will lead pre-proposal shaping activities, orchestrate capture activities during the proposal phase and post-submittal activities, and be responsible for shaping opportunities to achieve high win probability.”
“Duties include but are not limited to:
- As a key member of the company Business Development team, develop and execute assigned campaign plans that support Synectics’ corporate strategy and business plan.
- Identify opportunities consistent with the company business plan and develop and execute capture strategies for assigned opportunities to secure new and/or re-compete contracts.
- In collaboration with other members of the Business Development team and corporate technical experts, develop: win themes, technical and management solutions, competitive assessments, teaming strategies, pricing strategy recommendations (based on a price to win and other competitive assessments), communications plans, action plans and execution plans for the opportunities assigned.
- Manage effective execution of capture pursuits, track performance to cost and schedule, and communicate status to leadership.
- Develop and maintain high quality relationships with customers and partners, including next generation technology vendors…”
Experience and expertise performing business development in an information management / information technology/technical professional services firm. Specific required qualifications:
- 10+ years’ experience performing and managing full life cycle business development in information technology professional services firm(s), with a concentration in civilian government agencies, especially HHS.
- 10+ years’ hands-on experience in Federal government agency-related account and capture management and proposal management.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting HHS organizations.
- Experience with developing proposal solutions, win themes, staffing analysis, and price-to-win (PTW) analyses…”
G2X TAKE: Fresh off the news that they added Bob Strom as Executive Director of Business Development, this consultancy, with 30 years of experience serving Federal agencies, with specific expertise in data science, statistics, and surveys; expert designs of grants systems processing billions in Federal funds; and customized health solutions, is seeking a lead with a deep understanding of the Federal civilian contracting business development life cycle, with a specific focus on the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).