“As the Director, Information Security and Privacy Group (ISPG) and the CMS Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), you will provide executive leadership, direction, and coordination for the planning and control of information system security and privacy CMS-wide including security and privacy measures for all computers, electronic storage devices, and communication systems.”
- Maximizes the integration between FISMA reporting and certification and accreditation to ensure increased continuous monitoring and remediation of IT systems? threats and vulnerabilities.
- Assures that each information system provides a level of security that is commensurate with the risk and magnitude of the harm that could result from the loss, misuse, disclosure, or modification of the information contained in the system.
- Increases security and privacy awareness CMS-wide, as well as strengthening the knowledge, skills, and abilities of information security and privacy professionals throughout the agency.
- Ensures a systematic approach to selecting, managing and evaluating IT security and privacy investments to support prudent portfolio management and the operational needs of CMS.
- Maintains an agency-wide perspective in information risk management considerations with regard to CMS? strategic goals and objectives.
- Uses technical leadership, outstanding creativity, and exceptional judgment to develop, define, and modify research and/or programmatic objectives, devising innovative ways to solve problems of major importance to CMS.
- Keeps current on security and privacy developments in the IT industry, and exchanges this information with CMS leadership, managers and end-users to foster and enhance mission performance.
- Ensures that CMS information technology security and privacy meets all requirements in compliance with federal laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Advises the CMS Chief Information Officer on all matters of IT security and privacy, and identifies new security and privacy technology to improve CMS operations …”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services may want to influence who applies for this SES role that advises the CMS Chief Information Officer on all matters of IT security and privacy, and identifies new security and privacy technology to improve CMS operations.