“The Deputy Executive Director reports to the Executive Director for Data Governance and Analytics (DGA) located in the Office of Enterprise Integration (OEI). The DED focuses on ensuring internal tools, processes, and technologies are aligned in support of Department-wide governance for requirements management and integration of business processes, people, data, and systems. All these actions support the development and production of business analytics and interoperability of business systems.”
- Strategically defining and overseeing how VA captures, maintains, and applies data and information in order to support of key business processes.
- Provides strategic direction for building the agency’s data management program and optimizing how the organization uses data both internally and externally.
- Responsible for identifying data analytic opportunities to support the Department and ensuring all analytic works in the Department are in compliance with policy and legal requirements.
- Works closely with Office of Information and Technology in organizing and creating an environment that makes authoritative data and information accessible to users with appropriate channels of access controls.
- Guides formulation of office budget requirements, reviews program plan accomplishments, and assesses program effectiveness.
- Provides first and second level supervision to employees in DGA.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Department of Veterans Affairs may want to influence who applies for this SES level role, located in the Office of Enterprise Integration (OEI), that provides strategic direction for building the Agency’s data management program and optimizing how the organization uses data both internally and externally.