“The incumbent serves as the CSPO Deputy Director, overseeing a diverse technical and professional workforce performing cybersecurity mission related work in adherence to the workforce framework for cybersecurity specialty areas.”
- Oversee CDC-wide cyber functions, privacy, risk management, threat protection, and compliance to ensure the safety of CDC’s public health mission.
- Oversee CDC’s cybersecurity program, including planning, budget and execution actions for CSPO.
- Oversee the execution and program management of several critical cyber-specific service contracts to align with CDC’s cyber mission.
- Lead the transformation of the Cybersecurity Program Office activities to fully support the agency’s Cloud migration and innovation efforts by developing Security as a service offering.
- Ensure compliance with Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA), OMB, HHS, CDC and other government mandates, and regulations.
- Establish and oversee CDC information security risk management and compliance activities and provide and manage a centralized network and security operations command and control center.
- Work with OCIO offices and customers to effectively implement privacy standards in support of program outcomes.
- Create and manage a unified and flexible control framework to integrate and normalize the wide variety and ever-changing requirements resulting from domestic and international laws, standards and regulations.
- Lead efforts to develop, implement, and manage long and short-term IT security plans in compliance with organization’s security and IT strategic plan.