Leidos is looking for a Chief Architect (CA) to support a critical program to modernize a Defense Health Agency’s IT infrastructure to provide a standardized, robust, and highly available global infrastructure and enterprise core services, scoped from end-user desktop to data center, while adhering to the cost containment and operational efficiencies. The resultant IT infrastructure and operations framework will support a global data communications network, and enterprise services infrastructure, including data center(s), server hosting, and end-user platform capabilities enabling more than 150K military personnel to support the continuum of health services.
- Pre-Award, the CA supports the capture team’s development of the technical solution for submission, government presentations, negotiations and any head start preparation.
- Upon award, this role is responsible for leading the successful technical startup and transition, including establishing the engineering team.
- Works closely with the Leidos Program Manager and PMO to provide services and projects that adhere to quality, schedule and budget.
- Works closely with the Leidos operational unit providing status and obtaining reach-back support from related programs throughout Leidos to deliver successful program execution.
- Works closely with the customer Program Office and other customer leadership at the most senior levels regarding IT strategy, contractual requirements and service delivery.
- Serves as the technical lead on large, complex projects and providing technical advice/input that impact successful contract execution across the enterprise solution.
- Affects Service Delivery by developing new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that lead to successful execution and continuous improvement.
- Resolves highly complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring consideration of variables that affect multiple aspects of the project/program. Problems range from high impact operational events to tactical corrections.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 12 years of prior relevant experience.
- Active PMI/PMP certification
- 5+ years as a Chief Solutions Architect role for IT Technology
- Experience leading complex IT infrastructure consolidation and modernization efforts to achieve standardized, consistent and repeatable processes for delivery of IT services across a large DoD agency enterprise and optimize use of shared resources
- Knowledge of Health IT technology including Electronic Health Records preferred.