The Public Health Division Director is responsible for all aspects of operating this important Division at MITRE:
- Identifying and anticipating major sponsor and environmental trends, opportunities, and issues; continually shaping the plan and strategy accordingly to achieve mission impact, critical outcomes, and enable good growth through our work program.
- Leading executive-level engagements with HHS sponsors, constituents, and stakeholders to build trusted relationships across the mission area.
- Collaborating and partnering with senior MITRE leadership in other divisions and innovation centers to plan and align growth strategies and execute the work program with excellence and impact.
- Building relationships, networks, and potentially new organizational constructs across MITRE that drive cross-sponsor approaches that increase the value of the FFRDC Platform.
- Leading, planning, and executing the work program to ensure mission impact and high levels of customer satisfaction and technical quality, while bringing forward consistency, innovation, and best practices.
- Overseeing division quality program ensuring technical and strategic quality review of division project plans, capabilities, and deliverables.
- BS and 15 years of related experience with a preference for governmental public health experience. Graduate degree (Masters or PhD) from competitive academic program in a relevant field (e.g. public health, healthcare delivery science, life sciences, health administration, information technology, etc.) preferred.
- Ten years experience leading in or with a health-related Federal Agency.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the US governmental public health agencies including HHS, state, territorial, tribal, and local public health organizations, programs, and strategic priorities.
- Strong understanding of how the federal government works, including policies and practices related to health and healthcare including the executive and legislative branches.