Updated September 28, 2020
Notice ID: 20181700
This procurement is for the sustainment of the DEL application to continue direct support of data standardization efforts, including the CMS Assessment Library Data Council (CALDC) change control process and Government Support Team (GST) analyses; and ensure provision of up-to-date HIT standards and other data element attributes.
The Period of Performance is estimated to be September 15, 2020 – September 14, 2021.
Knowledgeable Government Subject Matter Experts for the DEL requirement were consulted to conduct market research. Federal subject matter experts identified key skills and necessary knowledge for contractor expertise and associated acquisition vehicles. Based on the results of the market research and the identification of contractors who could potentially perform this effort in the industry, it is determined no offeror could execute the requirement without an adverse impact to cost, schedule and performance risks to the Government.
Nguyen Information Consulting dba Net-Integrated Consulting, Inc. (NIC) has been awarded a 1-year $1.5M contract to provide maintenance and oversight of the support of the CMS Data Element Library (DEL). The contract was awarded using GSA IT-70. Source: FPDS
Awardee Name: NGUYEN INFORMATION CONSULTING
Contract Duration: 12 months
Total Contract Value: $1,465,491.00
Funding Agency: CENTERS FOR MEDICARE AND MEDICAID SERVICES
Number of Bidders: 1
Award ID: 75FCMC20F0107
Posted July 27, 2020
“The purpose of this synopsis is to announce the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services intent to negotiate a Firm Fixed Price task order award with Nguyen Information Consulting, LLC, located 1776 West Lakes Parkway, Suite 1229 West Des Moines, IA 50266. The procurement is for the sustainment of the Data Element Library application to continue direct support of data standardization efforts, including the CMS Assessment Library Data Council (CALDC) change control process and Government Support Team (GST) analyses; and ensure provision of up-to-date HIT standards and other data element attributes. The authority for the limited source justification is only one source is capable at FAR 8.405-6(a)(i)(B).”
“The Minimum Government Requirement is:
- PAC quality reporting and payment programs, CMS patient assessments, the IMPACT Act, and patient assessment data for the following quality reporting programs: LTCH, IRF, SNF, Hospice and HHA;
- Standardized, interoperable patient assessment data used across PAC settings and possibilities for use and exchange across the continuum of care, as well as internal processes for PAC assessment development, maintenance and change control governance;
- Policy development related to the implementation of new standardized data and quality measures, and PAC assessment manuals; and
- Health information technology vocabularies and technical standards; as well as specific HIT code procurement (e.g.- collaboration with Regenstrief Institute and other standards development organizations).
- DEL application (infrastructure, databases, coding, etc.) and CMS infrastructure/security policies and procedures, as well as timelines for agile development coordinated with other CMS contractors and components.
- HL7 FHIR standards and processes and how the DEL supports health information exchange using FHIR.”