“DLH is seeking a Vice President, Research Operations for our Social & Scientific Systems, Inc. (SSS) Operating Unit. This position is located in Silver Spring, Maryland with local and extended travel expected 10-20% time. The Vice President, Research Operations position reports directly to the President, Social & Scientific Systems and will ultimately have several direct senior level reports. The position will initially be focused on establishing and operationalizing the appropriate and necessary research infrastructure to advance the mission of Social & Scientific Systems. This position will also be responsible for contributing to Social & Scientific System’s strategic growth plan, working in collaboration with the President, Chief Growth Officer (CGO) and Practice Area Directors and for contributing significantly to developing a portfolio of Behavioral Health Research.”
- Lead an assessment of all relevant business and HR processes. Prepare regular out briefs to the President and other DLH executive leadership, as appropriate, to communicate findings and make recommendations for enhancement.
- Take the lead in establishing new, robust research operations protocols, working collaboratively with the SSS President, CFO, CGO and business support services team leads.
- Accountable for implementation of process improvement in support of sustained growth in the research portfolio, to include, but not limited to establishing rigorous requirements for project management best practice in a research environment; establishing, in collaboration with the President and HR leadership, job tracks aligned with business growth that allow a research team to clearly see pathways for career growth; implementation of best practice in business development, capture and proposal management, in collaboration with the President and CGO.
- Additional operational issues will also be assessed, and include, (but may not be limited to) program reviews, routine financial assessment of every active contract, pipeline management, human subjects and quality management needs and advancement of staff credentials through professional meetings and conferences and advanced education.”
- At least 15 years’ experience in a public health/behavioral health research organization with a demonstrated track record of building a research business, including. responsibility for all facets of research operations; Experience working in a fast-paced government contracting research organization.
- Minimally a master’s degree in a public health/behavioral health field of study.
- Experience working with FDA, CDC, and NIH clients. Other DHHS and non-DHHS agency experience preferred.”
G2X TAKE: A year removed from their $70M acquisition of Social & Scientific Systems (“SSS”), a leading public health service organization providing solutions in clinical and biomedical research, epidemiology, health policy, and program evaluation, this provider of health technology-enabled business process outsourcing and program management solutions is seeking a lead to be responsible for contributing to Social & Scientific System’s strategic growth plan, working in collaboration with the President, Chief Growth Officer (CGO) and Practice Area Directors and for contributing significantly to developing a portfolio of Behavioral Health Research.
DLH was recently named to the updated list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.