“The CDAO is an executive position that provides strategic vision and leadership to design and deliver modern data analytic services, data management services, and organizational performance measures. The CDAO also designs and develops modern self-service analytics tools to support a “Data At Your Fingertips” strategy for all OIG employees. OIG’s multi-discipline team includes auditors, agents, attorneys, and evaluators that use advanced data analytics solutions to fight fraud, waste and abuse in HHS programs.”
“As Chief Data and Analytics Program Officer (CDAO) you will serve as a member of the Office of Management and Policy (OMP) senior executive team under the direction of the Deputy Inspector General (DIG) for Management and Policy.”
- Serve as executive lead for OIG enterprise data and analytical services.
- Create strategy and policies for improving data quality, enhancing data management practices, integrating data delivery, and leading the governance of data management practices.
- Ensure delivery of a full range of analytics, including ad-hoc analytics, predictive, statistical modeling and artificial intelligence (AI) to support oversight of HHS programs.
- Direct, monitor and report on major projects and initiatives assigned by the Deputy Inspector General for Management and Policy.
- Ensure that appropriate controls exist for analytics that serve as a source for oversight and law enforcement work performed by OIG.
- Serve as partner across the senior executive team to help develop and execute long-range strategic plans and programs.
- Increases the effectiveness and efficiency in managing data, analyzing the value of the data already available, and collaborating across the OIG and HHS to share data.
- Develop and implement a data services strategy to maximize use of OIG data for internal users, including data warehouses, data sets, business intelligence tools, and staff training.
- Build and maintain key professional networks across government, industry, and academia to promote data science and analytics innovation.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Department of Health and Human Services may want to influence who applies for this SES role that ensures delivery of a full range of analytics, including ad-hoc analytics, predictive, statistical modeling and artificial intelligence (AI) to support oversight of HHS programs.