“As the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), you will advise the CIO and OIG executive leadership team on technology innovation, support HHS OIG technology projects, and work collaboratively with OIG staff to foster an environment of innovation and experimentation in support of OIG’s mission.”
“Duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Serve as principle advisor and consultant to senior leaders for major information technology architecture issues affecting OIG.
- Perform key leadership role within OIG, advising the direction for technology strategy of the agency in coordination with other OIG executives working on the OIG Health Technology Strategy.
- Conduct expert level technical research to identify and recommend innovative emerging techniques, technologies, and products that will be successfully implemented across the OIG organization with positive results.
- Use a deep understanding of successful digital transformation both inside and outside the government, including user-centered design and development practices and modern consumer Internet technologies, to lead major initiatives, provide consultation on systems or policy proposals, and provide technical, policy, and programmatic guidance to senior leaders.
- Oversee the development and demonstration of technical architectures and engineering of solutions with modern technology stacks and scalable infrastructures, focused on performance, resilience, flexibility, and security.
- Identify potential technology problems, impacts, and solutions on issues with broad healthcare or governmental implications.
- Represent and speak for the CIO in dealing with key HHS officials, other agency officials, representatives of business and industry, Congressional committees and staffs, and other matters involving plans, programs, policies and objectives of the Office of Information Technology.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Department of Health and Human Services may want to influence who applies this role that will advise the CIO and OIG executive leadership team on technology innovation, support HHS OIG technology projects, and work collaboratively with OIG staff to foster an environment of innovation and experimentation in support of OIG’s mission.