“Leidos is seeking a Business Development Specialist to lead the business development and capture activities of our Health lines of Business. You will be expected to continue to build the Leidos reputation and business pipeline, executing the BD process, maintaining a high win probability, and growing business within the Health domain.”
- Proactively identify new business opportunities.
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budgets, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Work with program and management team in call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution.
- Serve as Capture Manager for selected opportunities, either all the way to award or in the early capture phase.
- Participate as required in the Leidos business development process, including pipeline reviews, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, and proposal reviews.
- Collaborate with Leidos Account Managers, IDIQ PMs, other BD personnel and capture and line management to support cross enterprise objectives and customer engagement.
- Support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline…
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in related technical field, and 10+ years in a Business Development position. (Additional education, training or experience may be considered in lieu of degree). A technical degree is highly desired.
- Proven track record of successful business development at a variety of acquisition sizes.