“Position serves as a Contracting Division Chief within the Defense Health Agency, (J-4), Deputy Assistant Director (DAD-A) J-4, an acquisition agency, leading the Military Health System’s integrated system of acquisition and procurement services, delivering the quadruple aim: increased readiness, better health, better care, and lower costs.”
- Serve as a Contracting Division Chief and Warranted Contracting Officer for the Defense Health Agency (DHA) HQ, overseeing regionally assigned medical procurement functions, to satisfy the organization’s mission to provide a medically ready force.
- Coordinate with procurement officials in the evaluation and/or acquisition of necessary requirements for the organization’s most complex contracting activities.
- Collaborate with Contracting Officer Representatives and subordinate Contracting Officers to establish effective contractual outcomes throughout the Military Health System (MHS).
- Prepare decisions and justifications for DHA’s procurement position and testify in formal litigations when issues are contested.
- Serve as a member and chair on source selection evaluation boards, technical evaluation panels, source selection advisory councils, committees, and working groups.
- Brief internal and external stakeholders on current acquisition projects plans, activities and strategies to ensure strategic communication throughout the MHS.
- Develop input for replies to inquiries from federal agencies, the Uniformed Services, private sector organizations, and Congress.