“The organizational title of this position is Deputy Chief Information Officer while the official classified title is Supervisory IT Specialist. The incumbent serves as the Deputy Chief Information Officer (CIO) and oversees the NIMH software and systems development activities, serves as the lead for the Information Technology Branch (ITB) Software Development Team, and works directly with the NIMH CIO to develop and maintain the IT strategy for the Institute.”
“As a GS-2210-14 Deputy Chief Information Officer (Supervisory IT Specialist) your duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- The Supervisory IT Specialist supports the NIMH Chief Information Officer (CIO) and fully shares in the planning, organization, direction, supervision, and coordination of all aspects of the administrative and business management operations of Information Technology Branch.
- Serves as the leader and technical expert both tactical and strategic NIMH software development activities and is responsible for the deployment of the applications across all of NIMH, and in collaboration with other ICs.
- Manages project management duties for Branch’s software support and development contract. The Supervisory IT Specialist is responsible for administrative and technical duties in all phases of the development, maintenance and evaluation of software life cycle of new and existing ORM and NIMH-wide ADP management and administrative systems.
- Creates, builds, and maintains technological expertise, both personally and within the organization. This entails developing NIMH strategies in the areas of technology implementation, information delivery mechanisms, standards, and NIH-wide trends and policies.
- Provides expert technical advice to other branch members on specialized development technologies, the use of NIMH-developed application systems, interfaces to NIH-wide systems, commercial software, and network hardware and software.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the National Institutes of Health may want to influence who applies for this role that oversees the NIMH software and systems development activities, serves as the lead for the Information Technology Branch (ITB) Software Development Team, and works directly with the NIMH CIO to develop and maintain the IT strategy for the Institute.