Updated October 23, 2020
Notice ID: 75N98020R00025
The Office of Strategic Coordination (OSC) has a need for a Contractor with the skills to manage the federal budgetprocesses and the skills to administer databases used for budget tracking, reporting, planning and accounting. Please see the attached Request for Proposal for details.
Updated September 9, 2020
Notice ID: 75N98020R00025
The National Institutes of Health (NIH), Office of the Director (OD), Division of Program Coordination, Planning and Strategic Initiatives (DPCPSI), Office of Strategic Coordination (OSC), intends to solicit, negotiate, and award a Small Business set-aside contract on a competitive basis for the purpose of providing budget management services to manage federal budget processes of formulation, presentation, and execution for the NIH Common Fund. OSC also has a need for a Contractor with expertise in the administration of databases used for budget tracking, budget reporting, budget planning, and cost accounting for federal grant programs.
DPCPSI, OSC, intends to award a Firm Fixed-Price type contract. The anticipated performance period shall be for a basic period from March 30, 2021 through March 29, 2022 with four (4) one-year option periods. Option years will be exercised at the sole discretion of the Government. This procurement is a total 100% Small Business competitive set-aside.
Posted July 6, 2020
The NIH Office of the Director/Office of Strategic Coordination (OD/OSC) has a need for a Contractor with the skills to manage the federal budget processes of formulation, presentation, and execution for the NIH Common Fund. OSC also has a need for a Contractor with expertise in the administration of databases used for budget tracking, budget reporting, budget planning, and cost accounting for federal grant programs. The Contractor shall develop, coordinate, monitor, and communicate the budget details to other budget officers and high-level government officials.
Task 1 – Provide daily management of the NIH Common Fund budget.
- Use Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and NIH guidance to develop the projected commitment base for different budget mechanisms for future fiscal years.
- Develop mechanism tables and initiative tables that convey current and future funding.
- Work closely with programmatic staff to predict and explain increases and decreases in program budgets.
Task 2 – Administer online budget tracking tools.
- Serve as Administrator of the C-Fund$ and SID databases and other budget resources. Ensure all data is up-to-date and accurate.
- On a daily basis, load new data from NIH systems in our budget databases. Check for and resolve any discrepancies that occur across these databases.
- Enter data that is not managed by other NIH systems.
- Ensure that awards and other data are coded correctly in the various NIH systems.
- Resolve issues, especially end-of-year issues, associated with loading grants and awards into the database.
- Make recommendations on how to improve or redesign the data architecture of the C-Fund$ and SID databases in order to take advantage of new NIH resources or changes in OSCs tracking needs…