“Sierra7 is seeking a Vice President of Business Development for our Department of Veteran Affairs Line of Business.”
“This role will report to the Chief Growth Officer and will provide leadership of strategy and business development activities for Department of Veteran Affairs opportunities, including the intersection of strategic communications with capture. This position will also include collaboration with Sierra7’s other government related industries as needed.”
“In this dynamic role, the Vice President of Business Development will be responsible for:
- Shaping/growing business within the Department of Veteran Affairs to include identification, qualification and capture of opportunities required to meet long range planning requirements, assesses, and builds effective customer/teammate/internal relationships.
- Working side-by side with Program Management and Engineering team members to translate customer needs (current and anticipated) into discriminating technical and business solutions from Sierra7.
- Assessing customer strategic capability gap requirements and advocating advanced program technology solutions, planning, business opportunity identification and validation, capture plan development and execution, and customer interaction management.
- Working with Sierra7 communications and government affairs personnel to define, establish, and execute compelling stakeholder and influencer engagements.
- Supporting Sierra7 VA business interests and related activities with; VA Government Affairs, Corporate Business Development, Corporate Strategic Development, Corporate Growth, Corporate Finance, and others as required…”
- Master’s degree preferred, with Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/combined education, with 15 years or more of professional experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ recent experience as a Senior Manager within the Department of Veteran Affairs.
- Possess experience and a current working knowledge of Department of Veteran Affairs customers and a detailed understanding of the agency’s goals/objectives.
- Possess a broad network of professional/personal connections with influential senior/mid-level managers within the Department of Veterans Affairs in OIT, VHA, and other suborganizations.
- Demonstrated business acumen and technical ability to successfully influence and mange change in complex systems and environments.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, with all levels of management, engineers, VA officials and Functional employees…”
- Experience and working knowledge of VA business processes and operations interactions that enable strategy execution.
- Possess experience working in direct contact with the Department of Veteran Affairs and other government and commercial customers to translate customer needs/requirements into aligned strategic objectives and capture strategies.
- Direct employment within the Department of Veteran Affairs within the last 12-18months is preferred.
- Experience and working knowledge of the linkage and coordination between organizations/centers that are critical to VA partnerships for common objectives.
- Familiarity with Department of Veteran Affairs endeavors and requirements
- Experience or knowledge of the T4NG, IHT, VECTOR, GSA IT70, and/or VETS2 contracts is highly desired…”
G2X TAKE: This SDVOSB Healthcare services and IT consultancy, that earlier this summer announced an Asset Purchase Agreement of VA T4NG and CIO-SP3 SB Prime contracts, is seeking a lead to provide leadership of strategy and business development activities for Department of Veteran Affairs opportunities, including the intersection of strategic communications with capture.
Sierra7 was recently named to the updated list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.