“Chief of Staff – Senior Advisor, reports to the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary (PDAS) for the Office of Enterprise Integration (OEI) and is OEI’s central coordination point for all high level discussions and negotiations involving establishment or implementation of Department level policies, practices, management, and operational activities to carry out the mission of OEI. The SL focuses on advising OEI leadership on the development and implementation of policies and programs.”
- The incumbent participates in all aspects of Departmental activities related to VA’s organization and management including organizational redesign. Leads or participates on internal VA Boards/Committees/Working Groups as required. Conducts thorough evaluations of Departmental management policies and proposals, independently or in consultation with the PDAS, ensuring that balanced and accurate documentation of all options are presented for consideration to OEI leadership. Assists OEI leadership with the oversight, technical operations, and development of policies, procedures, regulations, and processes for OEI business lines.
- Strategically defines and oversees Departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides strategic direction for building the agency’s organizational structure and programs.
- Responsible for identifying effective and efficient internal management controls and administrative practices.
- Works closely with all VA Departments on organizing and creating efficient channels of projects, framework and controls.
- Guides formulation of office management requirements, reviews program plan accomplishments, and assess program effectiveness.
- Develops short- and long-range goals for OEI operations.
- Advises on the courses of actions and recommended solutions to complex managerial and operational problems.
- Evaluates program results; and based on results renders decisions on plans of action in OEI…”
G2X TAKE: Those who support VA may want to influence who applies for this Senior Executive role to serve as OEI’s central coordination point for all high-level discussions and negotiations involving establishment or implementation of Department level policies, practices, management, and operational activities to carry out the mission of OEI.