“This position is located in the Center for Clinical Standards and Quality (CCSQ), Information Systems Group (ISG) within CMS, in Woodlawn, MD.”
- Provide executive management and oversight of the collection of systems included in HCQIS which supports various quality programs.
- Oversee the development and dissemination of Agency-wide policies, procedures, and governance mechanisms for information technology (IT) system development lifecycle requirements, change control, and security of all Quality Information Systems
- Oversee the IT support contracts for the Quality Improvement Organizations/Quality Improvement Networks and End-Stage Renal Disease Networks by supplying (as necessary) standard computer software, hardware, and data necessary to run these programs.
- Manage the staff and contractors responsible for providing professional, technical, and clinical expertise with the administration and operation of the Quality Information Systems to ensure efficiency, interoperability, and consistency in reporting.
- Oversee IT projects to ensure proper technical performance and authorize final acceptance of engineering deliverables for projects.
- Implement and manage processes to conduct milestone reviews for new major applications and updates to existing applications and systems. Makes determinations regarding compliance with Agency technical architecture guidelines.
- Determine the appropriate levels of security for the computing and network environment for HCQIS and QIES to meet Agency policies and Federal regulations. Provides security documentation for all major infrastructure and application components.
- Ensure validation testing for each major application and make decisions for testing outcomes on all quality system applications.
- Oversees the performance of system analyses to develop testing strategies, procedures, and methodologies for interfacing systems.
- Provides executive oversight for the development, implementation, and administration of problem management processes for quality systems, including trend analysis of problems.
- Develop and conduct project management functions to monitor the progress of the releases of all quality systems and applicable system interfaces.
- Provide leadership for the development of an integrated program plan, in collaboration with CCSQ and other Agency components, to coordinate and manage projects with the group, ensuring collaboration with business components.
- Plan and coordinate the IT operations of the group to marshal available staff, budgetary, financial, and other resources to accomplish program missions.
- Oversee major operational activities such as the development, interpretation, and application of specific laws, regulations, and policies that directly govern the financial operation and management of ISG.
- Provide advice and guidance to the CCSQ Director and Deputy Director related to quality information systems planning, operations, and governance.
- Represent the Agency on the IT Investment Review Board.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services may want to influence who applies for this SES role that provides executive leadership and direction to develop, implement, and maintain the Health Care Quality Information Systems (HCQIS) and Quality Improvement and Evaluation System (QIES), Value-Based Purchasing, and related programs.