“Serves as the Program Executive Officer, Defense Healthcare Management Systems for the Defense Health Agency (DHA), Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs (OASD(HA)), Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness, programmatically reporting to the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment (OUSD(A&S)) and administratively to the DHA under the authority, direction and control of the USD(P&R), through the ASD(HA).”
- Serve as the acquisition oversight authority for DoD and provide guidance/advice to the Federal Electronic Health Record Modernization (FEHRM) joint program office.
- Oversee the work product resulting from the joint efforts of Veterans Affairs (VA) and United States Coast Guard (USCG) in the implementation of the Military Health System (MHS) GENESIS.
- Responsible for acquiring, deploying, implementing, and sustaining the commercial off the shelf Electronic Health Record (EHR), MHS GENESIS, utilizing standards-based open architecture interfaces replacing MHS and VA clinical systems.
- Lead and manage future enterprise solutions that, in turn, will support the assigned program portfolio as well as meet the strategic objectives of the overall MHS and DoD plans and architectures.
- Direct acquisition program reviews, provide guidance/direction on technical, resource, and scheduling issues with program plans/program execution in a manner that is consistent with the requirements, policies, and provisions of DoD policy.
- Serve as the Source Selection Authority and oversee evaluation of proposals from contractors and DoD activities to ensure their responsiveness, adequacy, and compatibility with requirements.
- Direct the development of approaches and documentation for resource requests and budget justifications.
- Lead program review boards at USD (A/S), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Office of Management and Budget, and Congressional Committee levels as required to defend resource requirements and expenditure plans.
- Make budget decisions regarding allocation of the PEO DHMS budget and review status of obligations, expenditures, and requests for reprogramming and approve requests based on assessment of programs and success of efforts among various PEO programs.
- Act as the technical authority participating in DoD-wide meetings and planning/decision processes and present before other DoD organizations as well as such organizations such as USD (A/S), Secretary of Defense, Congress, and the White House.
- Direct the planning, programming, and budgeting and execution system process. Present testimonials before program review boards at USO (A/S), SECDEF, and Congressional Committees.
- Provide authoritative information and analysis on program requirements and implications of funding alternatives on issues.
- Lead and participate in reviews and other meetings convened to review program status, analyze and solve problems, and make decisions and recommendations.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Defense Health Agency may want to influence who applies for this SES level role that serves as the acquisition oversight authority for DOD and provides guidance/advice to the Federal Electronic Health Record Modernization (FEHRM) joint program office and oversees the work product resulting from the joint efforts of VA and US Coast Guard (USCG) in the implementation of the Military Health System (MHS) GENESIS.