Notice ID: FDA-RFI-21-0605
FDA intends to award an Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) and subsequent Calls for support and services associated with a procurement of services and licenses for the use, implementation, and operation of the dashboard solution.
The scope of this BPA will focus on the maintenance and development of the current FDA Data Dashboard, a series of external facing FDA dashboards, and internal facing dashboards using Amazon Web Services and GovCloud cloud services and Qlik software.
This scope of work addresses the following Task Areas associated with the development of data visualization using dashboard technologies:
- Licensing of Dashboard Implementation Solution
- Business and Data Analysis
- Development, Modernization, and Enhancements
- Data Quality and Assessment
- Operations and Maintenance
- Project and Call Management
- Training and Communication
The purpose of this BPA is to provide support for a variety of operations and maintenance (O&M) and development, modernization, and enhancement (DME) efforts that enable FDA centers and offices to further their objectives around the FDA Transparency initiatives (https://www.fda.gov/about-fda/transparency/transparency-initiative). These initiatives include analyzing data, modeling master data sets, visualizing information, data cleaning and acquisition, integrating with transactional systems to extract data, and making data accessible via dashboard deployed on web and mobile technologies.
Unless stated explicitly otherwise, the following are essential characteristics of the dashboard implementation solution:
- Provides Software-as-a-service capability as a hosted solution on a HHS approved, FISMA (moderate)/FedRamp compliant cloud environment, AWS E/W and GovCloud.
- Maintain and update the Qlik software used in the current Data Dashboard Solution
- Consists of COTS or GOTS products for updates and improvements.
- Provides a pre-production and test/development environments (i.e. staging and testing environments)…
As tasked, the Contractor shall perform business and data analysis services. Representative activities include, but are not limited to:
- Gather, collect, develop, and provide detailed business and technical requirements documents.
- Conduct requirements gathering sessions focused on data analysis, profiling, and development of insights.
- Develop mockups for dashboards before investments are made in development.
- Conduct a usability study by engaging users, soliciting feedback, and updating the mockups.
- Recommend the data/analysis to be visualized. For example, which data, what presentation styles, and frequency of update.
- Coordinate with FDA stakeholders to define and implement metadata templates and supporting internal data collection and reporting requirements…