“The incumbent is responsible for Information Security Operations, including Threat Mitigation and Incident Response, Vulnerability Management, and Security Architecture. The incumbent serves as a Supervisory Information Technology (IT) Specialist and reports directly to the NIH Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). The incumbent will provide expert guidance to the NIH CIO, Deputy CIO and NIH CISO and independently leads special projects to further OCIO, OD, and NIH mission goals.”
- Manages the NIH Information Security Program’s Security Operations activities.
- Advises and assists the NIH CIO, the Deputy CIO, and NIH CISO on NIH security operations and other Information Security matters that impact the NIH intramural, extramural, and administrative communities nation-wide.
- Identifies critical information security operations risks and analyzes, plans, and manages NIH?s implementation of special NIH, HHS, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), or other Federal initiatives related to management of NIH security operations.
- Leads and oversees the detection, analysis and response to operational information security issues and the development and implementation of NIH information security operations, incident response, and information security policy
- Oversees and manages staff in initiating, planning, designing, developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating an effective NIH-wide Information Security Operations Program.
- Manages the development and implementation of program goals, policies, objectives, strategies, tactics and procedures for agency-wide information security operations.
- Performs a range of duties and provides team leadership and expert management and technical guidance.”