Notice ID: FDA-SSN-1238254
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Acquisitions and Grants Services (OAGS) is issuing this source sought announcement on behalf of the National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR), Division of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics (DBB) in order to determine if there are existing small business sources and other than small business sources capable of providing Artificial Intelligence Technical Expert services with four (4) option years.
FDA seeks a contractor with demonstrated expertise in working with Artificial Intelligence (AI). The contractor will support the FDA/Division of Bioinformatics and Biostatics to develop and coordinate informatics capabilities within NCTR and FDA Centers. The contractor shall have a thorough understanding of bioinformatics with specific knowledge in Artificial Intelligence in the area of reproducibility, interpretability and transparency. The contractor shall work in close coordination with the DBB at NCTR in Jefferson, Arkansas, and shall assist in the formulation of innovative ideas/approaches to address the current needs in AI development, to advise bioinformatics staff in the appropriate methods of writing papers and protocols, and to provide support in the generation of manuscripts and other documentation. This shall require periodic visits to the NCTR Campus and communication with the DBB staff via other electronic means, including video conferencing. Specifically, the contractor shall communicate via e-mail, phone calls and video conferences to make recommendations as appropriate, and to schedule visits to the NCTR campus, with theTechnical Point of Contact (TPOC).
Minimum Position Requirements & Qualifications:
Education and experience:
- Shall have in-depth knowledge of current issues in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Shall have presented at one or more international conferences about Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Shall have extensive experience with reproducibility, transparency and interpretability in developing and applying Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Shall have extensive experience in instructing research professionals.
- Shall have extensive experience in technical writing and editing.
- Shall have experience in supervising graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
- Shall have verifiable records of publications in cited scientific journals and publications.
- Shall have a minimum 15-20 years’ experience in the field of (AI).