Leidos is seeking a Business Development Professional to lead the business development and capture activities within our Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) portfolio. This position location is in the Baltimore, MD area with local and extended travel expected up to 10% of the time. The position is focused on identifying, qualifying, and capturing opportunities within CMS programs, continuing to build the Leidos reputation and business pipeline, executing the BD process, maintaining a high win probability, and growing business within the CMS domain.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities. Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budgets, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Work with program and management team in call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution.
- Serve as Capture Manager for selected opportunities, either all the way to award or in the early capture phase.
- Participate as required in the Leidos business development process, including pipeline reviews, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, and proposal reviews.
- Collaborate with Leidos Account Managers, IDIQ PMs, other BD personnel and capture and line management to support cross enterprise objectives and customer engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience. A technical degree is highly desired.
- Demonstrated access to and relationships with key CMS CMMI and CCSQ customers and industry partners.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant BD activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans.
- Prior experience supporting business development and capture efforts for CMS agencies.
- Strong, respected relationships within the CMS community
Leidos was named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.