“Serves as a Director for the various Strategic Sourcing Offices within Category Management, Office of Strategic Sourcing, Office of Information and Technology, Department of Veterans Affairs and is fully engaged in all processes of related to Category Management to include Hardware, Software, IT Services, Professional Services, and Customer Engagement.”
- Develops methods, procedures, and policies to support and grow programmatic functions in a manner consistent with OIT vision; measures utilization of products and services within portfolio; and makes recommendations based on historic and anticipated customer needs.
- Actively evaluates existing operations and services mix and makes recommendations for improvement and identifies operations and services that fail to align to OIT’s overarching operational and financial goals.
- Expertly develops networks and builds alliances; collaborates across boundaries to build strategic relationships; and achieves common goals.
- Manages the development of policy changes in response to changes in levels of appropriations or other legislated changes.
- Approves multiyear and longer-range work plans developed by the supervisors or managers of subordinate organizational units and manages the overall work to enhance achievement of the goals and objectives.