- Serve as business advisor, ensuring all aspects of an acquisition are considered, including risks and incentives.
- Analyze and apply procurement policies impacting a variety of programs.
- Develop solicitations and contracts consistent with supporting documents, ensuring appropriate use and inclusion of clauses and provisions.
- Develop acquisition strategies, and function as lead negotiator.
- Lead initial strategy and planning phases through evaluation of offers, negotiations, contract award, and contract administration.
- Supervise and manage a staff of contracting officers and contract specialists.
- Provide direction and leadership, and coordinate the work of the organization.