“The Leidos Health Group is seeking a Life Sciences Portfolio Director located in the Maryland area. This position will report to the Leidos Vice President, Health & Human Services (HHS).”
The Life Sciences Portfolio Director will lead a team of life scientists, including more than 30 Ph.D.’s and more than 60 Master’s level staff as well as other scientific support staff. This person will own full profit and loss responsibility for this rapidly growing business unit and will be accountable for both operational excellence in program performance as well as meeting and exceeding near, intermediate and long term top and bottom line growth targets for the overall portfolio. This portfolio supports work directly or indirectly across a broad range of life sciences focused customers including the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), U.S. Army Medical Research and Development Command (MRDC), Defense Health Agency (DHA), commercial biotech and pharma and various HHS operating divisions. Its activities include virtual pharma drug, biologic, and device development and delivery, scientific program management, clinical trial management as well as the technology enablement and bioinformatics / data management services surrounding these activities. The candidate’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Must be able to lead the scientific team to desired goals.
- Meet and exceed revenue, profit and business growth targets.
- Manage the delivery of outstanding performance across the entire portfolio of life sciences programs.
- Develop, shape and implement the strategic direction of the life sciences business to ensure that sustainable growth and enduring competitive differentiation can be achieved.
- Achieve mission success for all customers served.
- Collaborate successfully with other Leidos business units that serve other HHS agencies and operating divisions such as the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as well as non-HHS agencies such as the Department of Defense (DoD), commercial biotech and pharma etc. that all have integral roles in the development and delivery of life sciences capabilities in support of public health.”
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in a scientific or technical discipline with 20+ years of increasing responsibility and relevant experience. PhD in a life sciences related field preferred. MBA is a plus.
- Previous P&L responsibility exceeding $50M revenue per year.
- Proven track record of being able to grow a business.
- Program Management experience running programs with total contract value greater than $100M is a plus…”
G2X TAKE: This global leader in the integration and application of IT, engineering, and science, is seeking a lead to own full profit and loss responsibility for this rapidly growing business unit and to be accountable for both operational excellence in program performance as well as meeting and exceeding near, intermediate and long term top and bottom line growth targets for the overall portfolio.
Leidos was named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.