“We are seeking a high energy, innovative, imaginative and experienced Senior Director of Business Development to join our business development department in Arlington, VA. The successful candidate will possess deep understanding of the government contracting business development life cycle, to include account management, capture, proposal development, and developing new service offerings. The successful candidate will possess deep experience in and knowledge of information technology offerings; capturing and administering government Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts; pursuing and capturing business with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), National Science Foundation, and other civil agencies. The successful candidate will also possess superior verbal and written communication skills, have demonstrated experience and skill in operating in and leading collaborative teams, and thrive in the intense Federal business development environment. The successful candidate will report to the Vice President for Business Development.”
“Duties include but are not limited to:
- Leading pre-proposal shaping activities, orchestrating capture activities during the proposal phase and post-submittal activities, and being responsible for shaping opportunities to achieve high win probability.
- As a key member of the company Business Development team, developing and executing assigned campaign plans that support Synectics’ corporate strategy and business plan.
- Identifying opportunities consistent with the company business plan and developing and executing capture strategies for assigned opportunities to secure new and/or re-compete contracts.
- In collaboration with other members of the Business Development team and corporate technical experts, shaping opportunities to promote high win probability, performing pre-proposal shaping activities, and orchestrating capture activities during the proposal phase and post-submittal activities…”
Experience and expertise performing business development in an information management / information technology/technical professional services firm. Specific required qualifications:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience performing and managing full life cycle business development in information technology professional services firm(s), with a concentration in civilian government agencies, especially HHS.
- Minimum 8 years’ hands-on experience in Federal government agency-related account and capture management and proposal management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting HHS-related organizations.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise as a strategic thinker who can grasp, articulate, and plan the “big picture” in the context of the corporate strategy and associated business plan while concurrently being able to independently plan and implement related detailed technical and administrative tasks required to complete assigned BD actions…”
G2X TAKE: This consultancy, with 30 years of experience serving Federal agencies, with specific expertise in data science, statistics, and surveys; expert designs of grants systems processing billions in Federal funds; and customized health solutions, is seeking a lead with deep experience in and knowledge of information technology offerings; capturing and administering Government Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts; pursuing and capturing business with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), National Science Foundation, and other civil agencies.
Synectics (SMDI) was named to the list of NXT UP firms poised to make big waves in the Federal sector in 2020 and for years to come.