“The incumbent serves as an IT Specialist, IT Digital Advisor, in the OIT Front Office, CTO, Digital Experience Office. The incumbent is responsible for developing and executing a wide variety of IT initiatives in support of VA strategic priorities that span across the enterprise and require the use of modern digital delivery best practices.”
- Plans, and manages broad, emerging, and/or critical large-scale agency programs, serves as an expert throughout the agency on major nation-wide/government-wide program issues of Congressional interest, involving unprecedented factual concerns, requiring balancing of conflicting interests of extreme intensity involving future program and product application of the program’s product or results, or because the extreme magnitude of the program ultimately affects the Nation’s economy or foreign economies.
- Responsible for implementing major transformations of enterprise-wide VA digital services, operating policies and procedures, standards and related reporting systems as indicated by the Senior Director of DSVA.
- Serves as an expert and key technical policy advisor to the Director of the Digital Service, the CTO and the CIO, and other senior leadership on IT management and related regulation, legislation and policy.
- Manages the development or implementation of IT plans and procedures and ensures appropriate product-related training and documentation is developed and made available to customers.
- Plans and conducts pioneering work in their area of technology and/or technology policy to operationalize new IT systems data, content, and policy using industry best practices in security, scalability, and availability to improve the reliability of application framework to deliver interoperable digital services and business using knowledge of latest consumer internet technologies and technology management approaches leveraging economies of scale.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support Veterans Affairs may want to influence who applies for this role that is responsible for developing and executing a wide variety of IT initiatives in support of VA strategic priorities that span across the enterprise and require the use of modern digital delivery best practices.