“This position supervises and manages staff and budget resources to accomplish major organizational Information Technology (IT) strategies, initiatives, programs and projects. Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO) is responsible for the development, enhancement and sustainment of IT system capabilities for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) that are aligned with VA’s IT business strategies.”
- Provides senior leadership for the planning, direction, oversight and reporting of assigned projects, and has extremely wide latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative with complete authority and freedom for contacts, negotiations, commitments and decisions with the defined area of responsibility.
- Leads multiple program responsible for national projects and provides guidance, direction, technical expertise, training and support to multiple project teams responsible for initiatives within the organization.
- Applying portfolio, program and project management and planning techniques with the ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and direct resources in execution of organization priorities and long-range plans.
- Applying project management (PM) principles and methods necessary to develop and interpret strategies governing the delivery of Office of Information and Technology (OI&T) services.
- Monitor project execution in accordance with the organizational guidance and PM best practices.”
G2X TAKE: Those who support Veterans Affairs may want to influence who applies for this role that supervises and manages staff and budget resources to accomplish major organizational Information Technology (IT) strategies, initiatives, programs and projects.