“The Executive Director serves as the Executive Director, Financial Services Center (FSC) and is the principal advisor to the Deputy Assistant Secretary, Financial Management Business Transformation Service (FMBTS). The FSC operates as an Enterprise Center as part of the VA Franchise Fund and provides an array of financial management and professional and administrative services on a fee-for-service basis to VA and other Governmental agencies.”
“The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the Corporate Travel and Charge Card Services which oversees VA’s conference policies and mandatory reporting, Compliance Audits of VA’s Purchase and Travel Cards,Permanent Change of Station (PCS) and Temporary Duty (TDY) travel vouchers, managing VA’s official passport activities, and processing VA travel policy exception requests. CTCCS is also responsible for Purchase Card and Travel Services, providing centralized oversight and administration of the Purchase Card Program, Permanent and Temporary Travel Services, and the Lock box to ensure compliance with applicable Public Laws, Federal Regulations, and Agency policies.
- Oversees the Financial Accounting Service (FAS) which is responsible for financial reports and accounting, nationwide accounting services and common administrative fiscal services for 12 stations. FAS ensures accounting transactions are properly recorded, reconciled, and reported to Treasury and OMB. FAS staff also provide Intra-governmental Payment and Collection System, Intra-governmental Reconciliation, Treasury Reconciliation, Agent Cashier Accountability, Financial Systems Oversight, and FMS annual close services.
- Manages the Financial Healthcare Service (FHS) which is responsible for the payment of medical claims for its VA and other government agency (OGA) customers. FHS provides a wide range of services associated with the payment of medical claims starting with receipt and intake of the claim, Electronic Data Interchange or optical character recognition (OCR) conversion of paper claims, the calculation of a reimbursement amount on the claim using a commercial off-the-shelf claims adjudication engine, and the payment and generation of an explanation of benefits to the provider.
- Oversees the Financial Operations Service (FOS) which is responsible for a full range of financial operations, including electronic vendor payment services, customer relationship management, vendor file maintenance, and payment resolution services. FOS’s electronic invoicing service, in partnership with commercial partners, incorporates innovative technology to eliminate paper invoices, reduce manual processing, improve quality, and reduce operating costs. FOS’ state of the art workflow system includes capabilities such as automated business rules, 3-way matching, approval interfaces, automatic payment transaction creation, service-oriented architecture, and automated correspondence…
- Oversees the Data Analytics Service (DAS) which is responsible for developing, delivering and managing a full range of enterprise-level data analytic products and services in support of the FSC and VA’s mission. DAS leverages cutting-edge analytics technology leveraging industry best practices in solution delivery, data product life-cycle management, and data science methods to provide insights and actionable information to our supported customers. Through the process of connecting operational data and aligning processes and technical/human resources with customer mission requirements, DAS enables the attainment of critical outcomes and provide intuitive analytics services to support compliance, risk management, and fraud detection.
- Manages the Information Technology Service (ITS) which is comprised of Office of Information and Technology employees and information and technology (IT) contractors. These critical resources support all aspects of the software development life-cycle as well as manage and maintain FSC’s IT infrastructure…”
G2X TAKE: Those who support the Department of Veterans Affairs may want to influence who applies for this SES role that oversees the Data Analytics Service (DAS) which is responsible for developing, delivering and managing a full range of enterprise-level data analytic products and services in support of the FSC and VA’s mission.