This position is located in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Information and Technology for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Office of IT Operations and Services (ITOPS), Service Management Office (SMO). The SMO is a center of excellence focused on driving fully-integrated enterprise-wide IT services aligned to VA strategic goals and objectives to optimize design, delivery, operation, and sourcing of IT Services.
- Directs, oversees and responsible for the successful operations of the Service Management Office to include the implementation and improvement of enterprise-wide IT Service Management services, processes, and technology to ensure focus on business goals and customer needs.
- Represents the Deputy Assistant Secretary, ITOPS on interagency, VA, and OIT leadership and project teams, presenting information, taking a position, and making persuasive recommendations to improve program activities to meet the mission of the VA.
- Engages with OIT leadership to solicit executive-level decisions required to operationalize the service management vision and strategy and collaborate on SMO implementation roadmap.
- Provides oversight and coordination across OIT on IT service delivery and provides expertise and direction on IT and organizational management concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Collaborates with OIT Leadership and Governance to identify and establish the appropriate policies and standards employed by the SMO in order to fulfill SMO mission and objectives.
- Directs the establishment and monitoring of process and technology goals associated with service delivery.
- Directs the tracking and reporting of service management improvement efforts.
- Coordinates and conducts presentations and briefings on SMO programs and operations to a wide variety of audiences within VA and other government agencies.
- Monitors and manages the financial performance and viability of the SMO.
- Identifies and manages enterprise-level service management requirements, issues and risks and develops plan of action and milestones to address those issues and risks.
- Serves as the senior-level expert and advisor to executives and top agency leadership on SMO activities and manages day-to-day high-level operations.