“The Executive Director (ED), Financial Service Center (FSC) is for executive leadership of mission critical information technology (IT) infrastructure, software development activities, IT projects that support nationwide VA programs including Financial Management Business Transformation, Healthcare Claims Processing, Payroll, Invoice Payment Processing System and other enterprise wide financial systems supporting Veterans healthcare, Veterans benefits and National Cemetery.”
The incumbent is responsible for all administrative, financial, human capital and technical sufficiency aspects for the FSC. Serves as voting member of the FSC Executive Suite and is the senior IT leader overseeing all IT work at the FSC including data security, technology infrastructure, systems and applications, and IT-related strategic decisions that impact future FSC business opportunities. The responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- The incumbent serves as the FSC’s senior expert, leader, advisor, planner, and strategist for VA’s Information Technology Services including physical and virtual infrastructure; operating systems, software platforms, web applications, databases, storage management; and establishes the organization structure of the FSC Information Technology team, identifying roles, responsibilities, and staffing positions.
- The incumbent manages staffing, budgeting, development, design, security and integration of multi-site software application development operations; develops cost effective alternatives for application delivery for all enterprise software systems applications; provide ongoing staff professional training and development and strategic use of outside partners, including other government and commercial entities.
- The incumbent develops software development policy, processing and procedure to govern systems software application development/purchase; develop procedures to ensure information application systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to software application systems and data; and manage and integrates technical and performance requirements in order to measure and evaluate systems performance and total cost of ownership, driven by new business applications.
- The incumbent oversees the formulation of standards for information integrity; interoperability, and customer usability as measurements of the quality of the system-wide product line and its manufacturing process, and serves as the process owner and subject matter expert (SME) for FSC applications and incident root cause analysis and develops improvements.
- The incumbent identifies, evaluates, and executes future and emerging IT technologies, strategically identifies future best practices and procedures to improve effective and efficient use of financial, human resources, IT services, space, equipment, and supplies needed for FSC to integrate IT platforms throughout the VA sites across the country.
G2X TAKE: Those who support Veterans Affairs may want to influence who applies for this SES role that acts as the senior IT leader overseeing all IT work at the FSC including data security, technology infrastructure, systems and applications, and IT-related strategic decisions that impact future FSC business opportunities.