Join us for this 2-Day Event and Hear from the Agencies and Programs Driving Innovation and Results Across VA, MHS, HHS, and CMS!
About this Event
The 7th Annual FedHealthIT Innovation Awards recognizes and honors the Federal Health technology and consulting community by celebrating programs nominated and selected by their peers for DRIVING INNOVATION and RESULTS across the Department of Veterans Affairs, Military Health, Health and Human Services, and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
This engaging online event takes place over 2 days, June 22-23, 2021 from 12:30-2:30 PM ET daily. Daily sessions will include an exciting mix of keynote speakers and panels, fireside chats, and rapid fire discussions. Each day will be agency-specific and feature Federal Government leaders focused on agency priorities, challenges, and opportunities for growth.
Your individual registration includes access to both days, allowing you to attend as many sessions as you wish! Attendees are invited to participate in the live session Q&As and will have the opportunity to hear and engage with the Federal leaders and 2021 FedHealthIT Innovation Award Winners while celebrating with the deserving Federal program teams that will be in attendance.
Tue, Jun 22, 2021, 12:30 PM – Wed, Jun 23, 2021, 2:30 PM EDT
Event Schedule and Keynote Speakers
Tuesday, June 22, 2021: Department of Veterans Affairs and Defense Health Agency
- Terry Adirim, MD, Acting Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense – Health Affairs, Department of Defense
- Reginald Cummings, Executive Director, Infrastructure Operations, Department of Veterans Affairs*
- Dominic Cussatt, Acting Assistant Secretary for Information and Technology and Chief Information Officer, Department of Veterans Affairs*
- Thomas ‘Pat’ Flanders, Deputy Assistant Director for Information Operations and Chief Information Officer, J-6, Defense Health Agency*
- Barbara C. Morton, Acting Chief Veterans Experience Officer, Department of Veterans Affairs*
- Chris Nichols, Program Manager, Enterprise Intelligence and Data Solutions Program Management Office, Defense Healthcare Management Systems
- David Norley, Program Manager, Joint Operational Medicine Information System (JOMIS), Program Management Office, Defense Health Management Systems
- Charles Worthington, Chief Technology Officer, Department of Veterans Affairs*
Wednesday, June 23, 2021: Department of Health and Human Services and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Julie Boughn, Director, Data and Systems Group, Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services*
- Suzi Connor, Chief Information Officer, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention*
- Jane Cys, Deputy Director, Product Development, OIT’s Architecture and Transformation Division, Office of Inspector General, Department of Health and Human Services
- Vid Desai, Acting Chief Information Officer and Chief Technology Officer, Food and Drug Administration*
- Martin Engel, Chief Technology Officer, Program Support Center, Department of Health and Human Services
- Joel Hurford, Director, IT Programs, OASH Office of the Chief Information Officer
- Elizabeth McNamara, Deputy Director, Technology and Data Services, Food and Drug Administration
- Mark Plaugher, Acting Director, Information Systems Group, Center for Clinical Standards and Quality, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services*
- COL (Ret.) Bobby Saxon, Deputy Director (Deputy CIO), Office of Information Technology, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services*
- Alastair Thomson, Chief Information Officer, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health*
- Quentin Tyson, Chief Technology Officer, Clinical Standards & Quality, Info Systems Group, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services*
*Awaiting Final Confirmation